This program seeks to empower and promote self-sufficiency through employment, educational attainment, resource computer training, and financial literacy. Interested participants can register for a variety of classes taught by YWCA staff/volunteers. Classes will be offered in-person and can be done in one-on-one settings or in a group setting. Free childcare and transportation may be available during sessions.
Register for classes by clicking here or by calling 308-384-9922.
The YWCA of Grand Island Women’s Empowerment Center is supported by funding from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) from the U.S. Department of Treasury and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, CFDA Number 21.019 and from the City of Grand Island Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus Response.
- Services children ages 6 weeks – 12 years.
- Trained and caring staff
- Nurturing Environment
- Learn and Share experiences at Age-Appropriate Levels
- Respects all races, cultures, religions, and economic status.
YWCA Almost Home Program
- Services children from grades K-5
- Offers transportation of children from Stolley Park, Dodge, Gates, and Starr Elementary after school
- All day care is provided for continuous calendar as well as traditional breaks, holidays, and vacations
- (Excludes New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day)
Starting August 2015 Preschool will be offered for all children ages 3-5 attending YWCA childcare at no additional charge.
Babysitting 101 for ages 11 and up
Click here to add your name to a list to receive information on future classes.
Whether you babysit or have siblings, this class will give you the confidence that you need to provide the very best care. Students will walk away with tools, resources, skills, and practical knowledge that can be used immediately.